Personal Data Protection Policy.
At Peters Surgical we respect and protect your privacy. Peters Surgical collects a variety of personal data that the User provides to Peters Surgical and that is necessary to process requests.
Peters Surgical strives to make them secure using all means at its disposal and to comply with all applicable laws regarding the protection of personal data. As such, Peters Surgical uses its best efforts to ensure the protection of data relating to its Users and provides a level of security in accordance with the standards and practices in force.
1. Information collected
We collect information in order to improve our websites. Some of this data is explicitly requested from you, others are collected automatically. The latter is stored in an aggregated form, which does not allow you to be identified as a natural person. It also happens that we ask you for information of a private nature, possibly allowing your identification.
Thus, we collect two broad categories of data:
- Aggregated visit statistics
- Personal data.
No link is established between aggregated visit statistics and personal data.
Visit statistics data, aggregated
A visit to our website automatically collects general information about the device used, its geographical location and the website from which it originates, if any. This data does not allow you to be identified as a natural person. This data is kept only in aggregate form and provides information on the origin of visitors to the site, the pages viewed, the interactions carried out and the sections consulted for the longest period of time.
Data collected automatically
- Support for origin-domain cookies (your choice whether or not to allow us to deposit a cookie on your device)
- Visitor ID (stored in a cookie that we deposit on your device if applicable)
- Site of origin (the site you came from, for example google.com)
- Date and time of visit
- Region and language settings (which determine the country you are browsing from)
- Operating system (Windows, OS X, Linux, iOS, Android etc.)
- Browser and its version (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari etc.)
- Screen resolution (1280×1024, 1024×768, etc.)
- Java support
- IP address (internet address of the device)
- Title of the consulted page
- URL (address) of the page visited
Data of a personal nature.
We may need to collect information more specifically related to you. For example, access to certain areas or parts of our website requires you to register, and you may be asked to provide information such as your age or occupation in order to better understand the purpose of your visit and improve your browsing experience.
In any case, each time you are asked for personal data, the reason for this collection and the manner in which the information is collected, stored, processed and used is systematically explained.
2. Use of Data
The personal data collected and stored are collected and stored exclusively for the purposes stated during the collection process. Once this processing has been completed for the stated purposes, the data in question is erased and deleted in the interests of confidentiality.
3. Collection of sensitive data
No sensitive personal data, in particular data related to health, ethnic origin, religion or political orientation, is collected or stored on this site. In the rare cases where we collect other sensitive data, this is done in strict compliance with data privacy legislation.
4. Child Protection
Maintaining confidentiality is especially important for children. Peters Surgical does not intend to collect personal data from a child (defined as a person under 18 years of age) without the permission of the parents or legal guardian. Children should NOT provide personal data to Surgical Peters without the explicit permission of the parent or legal guardian.
Messages reminding children not to provide such information are provided when necessary. In the event that your child has provided this type of information, you can write to email@example.com if you wish to request its deletion.
5. Data security
This website collects personal data only when necessary. Under no circumstances will this data be sold to a third party for any reason whatsoever.
6. Location of data processing
The personal data collected may be transmitted in different countries, within the framework of the world organization of Peters Surgical. Our internal regulations ensure an appropriate level of protection regardless of the location of Peters Surgical where the data is stored.
7. Transmission to third parties
We do not pass on or sell to third parties any personal data enabling the identification of visitors to our site.
We generally only share this information with service providers and consultants under contract with us. However, an exception may be made in the following cases: to comply with a legal obligation; to protect the rights, property, or safety of Peters Surgical, its employees, and others related to it; or to dispose of or liquidate part of the business or its assets. This will be done in accordance with data privacy legislation.
8. Rights of the person concerned
In accordance with data protection legislation, you have the following rights. To exercise them, please contact Peters Surgical at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are entitled to access the personal data we have about you;
- You are entitled to obtain a copy of this data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format;
- You have the right to ask to modify or correct them;
- You have the right to request their deletion or removal ;
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing them or to limit such processing;
- If you have authorized this treatment, you may withdraw this consent at any time. This withdrawal will not have retroactive effect, i.e. the processing carried out previously will remain lawful;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority regarding the way in which we process your personal data.
- Under applicable law, these rights may be limited depending on the specific circumstances of the processing activity.
- If you have any questions or requests relating to these rights, you may contact us at the above email address.
Peters Surgical implants a cookie in your computer. A cookie does not allow us to identify you. In general, it records information relating to your computer’s browsing on the website (pages viewed, date and time of viewing, etc.) that Peters Surgical will be able to read during your subsequent visits. In this case, it contains the information that you have provided. This information is stored on your computer for a period of 1 year.
You can oppose the recording of “cookies” by configuring your browser software.
The User therefore acknowledges that Peters Surgical shall not be liable for any damages or losses, actual or alleged, arising out of or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, advertising, products or services available on such external sites or sources.
10. Contact address
If you have any questions about privacy, cookies, or this disclaimer, if you wish to exercise your right to access the personal data we have about you, or if you have any concerns about Peters Surgical’s use of this data, you may contact us at email@example.com.